Whether buying or selling a business it is crucial that you obtain advice from a Solicitor before signing a contract. It is also crucial that the parties obtain taxation and accounting advice from their respective accountants before signing a contract.
Preparing a business contract is an involved process. Each contract will be very specific to the circumstances of the parties and the business.
Some of the important areas are as follows:
- The identity of the buyer/seller
- Advice required to how much deposit is payable
- Retention or release of present employees and adjustment of employees holiday pay, sick pay, long service and the like
- Quality and quantity of stock to be purchased/sold.
- Transfer of licences by seller to buyer required to allow business to function.
- Check/provide accounts to determine profitability of business.
- Buyer to obtain approved finance to allow purchase to proceed.
- Lease to be assigned or new lease. Terms of lease satisfactory to buyer?
- What Plant and Equipment are included in the price.
- To what extent will the seller provided initial tuition and assistance to the buyer
- Necessary trade restrictions in place re the seller
- How work in progress to be provided for?
Please note these matters are for guidance only and each contract will have its own particular circumstances.
Contact Bickell and Mackenzie
Speak with our friendly team to find out how we can assist, our locally based team are ready to help.
It's a well-known fact that running a business is never easy. As a business owner, one of your responsibilities is taking care...
Paying for adult children Child support payments usually stop when the child turns 18. However, there are some circumstances...
Trust options for children with disabilities Estate planning for families with disabled children comes with an added layer of...
Bickell & Mackenzie provides legal solutions to clients within Brisbane Bayside, Redland Bay and surrounding areas.
We pride ourselves on delivering a high level of confidentiality, professionalism, and expertise across multiple jurisdictions.
Talk to your local experts by contacting the office today.